The Community Visual Arts Show is back again!
Where: QAF 2021 and QAF social media platforms.
When: July 24 – Aug 13.
Submission deadline: June 1st
Submit to our Pride in Art Community Art Show by June 1st! The community show honours Pride in Art founder, activist, and Two-Spirit artist Robbie Hong’s legacy with an open community exhibition. As part of QAF 2021 Dispersed: it’s not easy being green, we’re throwing what was once refused up on our walls. A Salon des Refusés (or perhaps Recyclés), for works that were not considered appropriate for previous exhibitions. Without the constraints of the more family focused Great Hall at the Roundhouse, our usual venue, the Community Visual Art Show can accommodate a wide range of work!
We will need the following items:
- a completed submissions form (see below)
- digital images of artworks (as attachments)
- all works must be professionally presented; wall-mounted pieces must be ready to hang
- artwork infos (title, medium, year, dimensions, price)
- artist bio (optional)
- artist statement (optional)
- resume/cv (optional)
- headshot (optional)
- links/social media (optional)
- fees (sliding scale)
Artist profiles will be showcased on social media and featured on our virtual exhibition website during the festival July 24th – August 13th, 2021.
Submit online here by June 1st. Submission fees are pay-what-you-can, by cheque to Pride in Art, or SQUARE. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. $35 is the usual submission fee for an exhibition of this kind, to help cover Pride in Art Society $20 membership fee, hanging costs for the exhibition, promotional expenses (posters, website, brochures, publicist).
- Complete the Online Submission Form below (or go to: https://forms.gle/v1YcX6LStUkUGMr98). Submissions are accepted via online registration only. Please fill out the information in the appropriate fields.
- Email the following files with the subject line “Community Show Submission” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- digital images of artwork(s) being submitted for consideration. Format: JPG (no larger than 200 kb per image). All image files must be clearly titled with artist name_work title_year of creation, or the submission will not be accepted.
- a 75-word Artist Bio
- an Artist Statement pertaining to the work submitted
- Pay the submission fee (see below for payment options)
$0-35 Pay what you can, by cheque to Pride in Art, or click “Pay NOW” below. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. $35 is the usual submission fee for an exhibition of this kind, to help cover:
- Pride in Art Society membership fee
- coordination costs for the exhibition
- promotional expenses (posters, website, brochures, publicist)
Pay-as-you-can for PIA Community Art Exhibition Submission
$0.00 – $35.00
Submission deadline: June 1st.
Please allow minimum 2 weeks for a response.