Jun 19 & 26 | 2pm
Queer Arts Festival partners with Cross Cultural Walking Tours in celebration of Pride Month for two Cross Cultural Queer & Trans Walking Tours! Cross Cultural Walking Tours are ‘queering’ their 2.5 hour multi-guided tours to build awareness of the contributions of Indigenous and early immigrants in the past, bridging communities and cultures around the city now, all through a diverse 2SLGBTQSIA+ lens! This tour starts with a walkthrough of Queer Arts Festival headquarters at Sun Wah Centre, led by QAF Artistic Director Mark Takeshi McGregor, right in the midst of QAF 2022: Hauntings!
Stops on this tour include:
- Queer Arts Festival
- Massy Books
- Creating Accessible Neighbourhood
- JQT Vancouver
- Vancouver Japanese Language School & Japanese Hall
- Sher Vancouver
- Forbidden Vancouver’s The Really Gay History Tour
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden (walking tour ticket includes free admission to the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden.)
- And diverse 2SLGBTQIA+ community voices!
Tours take place on the unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and sə̓lílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.
Location: Tours will start in Chinatown and end in Chinatown. Participants will receive the exact starting location upon registration.