April 11, 2019 – 7-8pm
Come to a party at our Annual General Meeting. We’ll be providing updates on new developments at Pride in Art Society, and giving a sneak peek into this year’s festival.
Not only does the AGM provide us the opportunity to hang out with you in advance of this year’s festival, but AGM attendance is a key factor for some of our funders (so please show up!).
ASL Interpretation will be provided.
Pride in Art Society’s 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held:
Thursday April 11, 2019
425 – 268 Keefer St, Vancouver
All members invited to attend. Membership renewal and signup for new members will take place before formal business.
RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org with AGM in the subject line.
ACCESS and ACCESSIBILITY
This location has not yet had an accessibility audit.
The BC Artscape-Sun Wah building is wheelchair-accessible.
– Building entrance is street level with no steps, the front doors of the building are automatic.
– Lobby has a ramp with a handrail, and stairs with a handrail, to reach the elevator.
– The fourth floor has two non-gendered multiple stalls washrooms, including one universal washroom with grab bars and wheelchair clearance. The washroom entrance is 32 inches wide.
– Support animals are welcome. BC Artscape is dog-friendly.
– The front door of our suite is 32 inches wide, swinging inward. The automatic door operator is at 35 inches high.
– Our events are scent-reduced. Please refrain from wearing cologne, perfume, scented personal care products or essential oils. Visitors who wear scented products will be asked to leave.
– The gallery space has no windows.
– The gallery floor is flat, with no internal stairs.
– Chairs are without arms.
Transportation & Parking:
The address is 268 Keefer St., between Main St. and Gore Ave. The SUM gallery is located on the 4th floor, suite 425.
Skytrain: Main Street-Science World or Stadium-Chinatown; Bus: 22 on Gore; 03, 08, 19 on Main; 14, 16, 20 on Hastings.
There is a paid parkade as part of the building, that unfortunately closes at 7pm. After 7pm, we recommend people to park at EasyPark – Lot 7 and the address is 180 Keefer Street; or street parking.
We respectfully acknowledge that this event will take place on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded Indigenous territories of the wməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) First Nations. We recognize their sovereignty, as there are no treaties on these lands, and we are dedicated to building a new relationship between our nations based on respect and consent.
We would also like to acknowledge that this event is taking place in Chinatown, which is home to low income and Chinese immigrant communities. We are thankful and consider it a privilege to be able to do our sharing here.
Please let us know if you have any requests or need more information.