Because nothing is sweeter than submission…
Please click on the tab for your discipline(s) and follow the instructions. Thank you for submitting!
Proposals from all performing arts disciplines (dance, music, theatre, circus arts, and any hybrid, interdisciplinary forms) are accepted on a year-round basis, but the best time to submit is in March for the festival of the following year (ie. submit in March 2018 for the June 2019 festival).
Due to the large number of submissions, only proposals under serious consideration will receive a reply.
Please email at email@example.com with your submission:
- One page performance proposal describing the piece, including title, duration, artistic discipline(s), and technical requirements
- Short bios of 250-500 words of all participating artists, including website URLs
- Headshots or other promo images .jpg no larger than 200 kb – file names must indicate title and name of artist
- Phone number and email for contact person
- Audio or video sample of work – accepted formats DVD, CD, mp3 and youtube or vimeo links. Please check your media – if we cannot open your files, the submission will not be considered
Pride in Art Community Visual Arts Shows
QAF has two community visual art shows this year! The Pride in Art Community Show in the Roundhouse Great Hall, and the Salon des Refusés. Art for these shows doesn’t need to fit the festival theme.
- The Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre (at Davie/Pacific), Vancouver, BC
- TBA, Vancouver, BC
When: June 17 – June 29, 2017.
Submission deadline: April 15 or until space is filled.
Roundhouse Great Hall specs:
- 25 hanging places: work must be no wider than 30″, and be able to hang from silver hooks at 7′ high
- All works must be professionally presented; wall-mounted pieces must be ready to hang
- Plinths: 24″ sq 4 ft high, or 16″ sq 3 feet high
- 2 glass shelving unit glass display cases, 16″ square
- Completed the Online Submission Form below. Submissions are accepted via online registration only. Please fill out the information in the appropriate fields.
- Digital images of artwork(s) being submitted for consideration. Format: JPG (no larger than 200 kb per image). All image files must be clearly titled with artist name_work title_year of creation, or the submission will not be accepted. Please email files with the subject line “Community Artwork Submission” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission fee: $15-35 Pay what you can, by cheque, or Paypal. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. $35 is the usual submission fee for an exhibition of this kind, to help cover:
- Pride in Art Society $2 membership fee
- Hanging costs for the exhibition
- Promotional expenses (posters, website, brochures, publicist)
You may also include if you wish:
- 75 word Artist Bio
- Artist Statement pertaining to the work submitted
- Please allow minimum 2 weeks for a response.
PLEASE NOTE: The policy of the Roundhouse is that in the Great Hall (unlike the Exhibition Centre), frontal nudity or sexually overt work is not permitted. The Great Hall is not a formal exhibition space that people consciously choose to enter, but a pass-through space that young children and parents use frequently in their other activities at the Roundhouse, hence the policy. Obviously, there is room for interpretation in the policy, and the Roundhouse Programmers exercise their discretion in the application of the rules. Sorry about that. It’s Roundhouse policy not QAF, ’cause, well, you know, we like genitals and sex.
The Salon des Refusés has no such restrictions.
Queer Arts Festival Curated Exhibition
Artists are invited by the curator(s) to make or submit work
If you would like to show us your work for consideration – simply send an email with the subject line “Curated Artwork Submission” to email@example.com including:
- your full contact details (including where you reside)
- your artist bio
- a link to your website
- critical reviews of your work
- how your work will speak to the year’s theme if applicable
Unfortunately we cannot respond to every email, so please don’t be surprised if we aren’t able get back to you, we are always pleased to know of interesting work and will keep your work on file for future consideration.
Deadline: January 1
Also consider participating in the Pride in Art Community Shows, accepting un-themed open submissions until April 15.